Wednesday, October 1, 2008
"Enchantment under the sea"
I have been waiting for Jason's friend to send us the pictures from the dance, but I thought I would send out a brief story and the snapshot that our babysitter took. The squadron was having "homecoming" weekend, which is sort of funny considering they are deploying in two weeks. It was complete with a football game of the O's and the E's, and a dance/mixer at the Howard Johnson. Of course Jason didn't want to go, but since it happened to fall on our Anniversary he didn't have much choice. After I told him we could pick an outfit from the 50's-90's. He thought he could wear a wig and sunglasses and no one would recognize him. The wig stayed, but we couldn't find any glasses to match his "rock" style. I searched everywhere for a dress. Everything that fit me was too expensive or too immodest. I decided jut to stick with what I had and wore my Junior prom dress. I had to glam it up a bit, so I wore these big chunky earrings and black silk gloves. I also curled all my hair with a curling iron. It was a little over the top, but I had to do something to take all eyes off Jason. I couldn't believe that he let me put my big gold rope chain around his next and trusted me to put eyeliner on his "money trains". We had an absolute blast. It was the funnest time we have have had since UPT at Laughlin. Once the alcohol was circulating through everyone, the place loosened up. I didn't know many of them, but it was great to see them in their "natural" state. I didn't want to leave, but it was a new babysitter, and I wanted to her to come back again. We got back about 10:30 and she said they had been in bed since 9. I am going to call next time. I will try to get more pictures soon. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
wow, you have to blow this one up and hang it on the wall...hehe
How fun!! You guys look great. Where is Jason Deploying too?
I am still waiting!
cool hair. looks like you had a lot of fun.
That's so awesome! What a sport, eyeliner and all. And I simply cannot accept how quickly your little men are growing up!!
Post a Comment