Thursday, September 25, 2008
Baby Jax turns 1
Wow! this year has gone by fast. It seems like only yesterday when I was anticipating the arrival of my second boy. I was talking to my SIL tonight and she told me that she feels like she is not giving her second baby the same amount of attention she gave her first. So far, my take on it is the exact opposite.I told her that I was in such a different mind set when I had Dylan. With my Mom dying, the stress of Jason getting into the AF, and dealing with all of Dylan's allergies, it is no wonder I couldn't be the best mom I could be. Jackson has been such a blessing to our lives. I look at my family and think that I am the luckiest girl in the world. Since Jax Birthday was on Sunday, we opt to hold his party on Saturday. I didn't decide to have the party until a week before( we were still deciding if we could go to Utah) so I didn't give my guests much notice, so only half of them could come. I will try to down load the video of him eating the cake, It was hilarious. He wouldn't touch it, so Jason fed him his first bite. When he finally grabbed it, he was upset because it made his hands dirty. He took a couple of bites off it then threw it off the side. What a character! When Dylan was opening his 1st year birthday presents, I thought that the only reason he didn't want to open the rest is because we let him open his "big" one first. This time I tried to let Jackson open the boring ones first. He didn't want any part of it. I had to hold his hand and open the present with him. Then he would just take off whatever paper he got and played with it. We couldn't even get to the box before he would lose interest. I finally just gave up and let him open the "big" present. I thought another reason was that everyone was watching him, so we opened the rest the next day. Nope! still just wanted the paper. Oh well maybe he will be better by Christmas. We had his 1 year well baby the next day. He is 19 pds (5%) and 31" (74%). The doctor said he was in perfect condition. He will probably be tall and skinny like his dad. I liked hearing that, it's a lot better then when the nurse told me that Dylan was only going to be 5'10". Huh! we'll see about that. Enjoy the pictures. 








Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Happy Birthday! Is Jax OCD like his Mama? Who doesn't want to dig into a cake? j/k
I cant believe it has been a year. I love the birthday cake. He looks just like Dylan.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Happy Birthday Jackwson :) Wow, this year has gone by fast! I swear he was six months then skipped to a year. I love the cake too.
A day and a half later I think of it. Robert Smith. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:The_Cure_Live_in_Singapore_-_1st_August_2007.jpg for comparison.
Bobby was good, but you won hands down to any cure fans out there. Peace.
Adam
Post a Comment