Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Our Labor day staycation to S.A.

Since all the rage now is to take a "staycation", Jason and I thought we would jump on the band wagon and head south to the lovely city of S.A. We really like it there. Maybe because it has been our "big city" since we have lived in Texas. Dallas is nice, but it is almost too big, and it doesn't have Sea World. These pictures are all out of order, but I don't have the time or the patience to deal with them so you will have to bear with me. Poor Jackson he was so tired. After we took that picture I held up his head. We left at 6 am Friday morning. I thought that they would both sleep on the way down, but Jackson only slept for about a half hour. Dylan was too excited. They both did pretty well considering. I felt bad that we couldn't take the chariot. He would have slept all day in that.
I didn't hear them say what type of sea lion this was, but I think every mouth in
the stadium dropped when they saw it get into this position and do a series of sit ups when the trainer said the word "workout". We thought it was funny that we sat in the very center of the front row and didn't get a drop of water splashed on us.
Jackson was entertaining himself while his brother was waiting in line. He likes to throw things into the tub, he probably would have been really good at this game. I can't wait until he is older so he can appreciate going to places like this. I sure he doesn't mind though, he loves to be outside. This is the ride Dylan was waiting in line for. Since it was a school day, it was mostly young children running around. This being 1/3 rides they can ride, waiting was unavoidable. It was nice to not to have a big crowd while we were feeding the dolphins.
While I was taking the pictures of Jason's phone, I found this one of Jackson in the swing. It was so cute I couldn't resist putting it on.
Dylan is such a character. This was in the little 5 and 10 store on the river walk. He obviously wanted us to buy this gun for him. Not gonna haaaappen!!!!
This is what I mean about not having to worry about feeding the dolphins. I remember walking over there last time we went and couldn't even see over the people to see the dolphins. Dylan said they felt like his boogie board. I would have been freaked out at his age.
Oh boy! What a treat this was. If you live in SA or find your self there on the last Saturday of the month, you need to head down to the Houston street fair. If for nothing else, just to see your child ride an electric Bull. It was so cute. We didn't even tell him to lift his hat up, it was instinctive to him. The tongue hanging out was a unique look into Dylan's persona.


This is Adam, Dylan's bestest bestest buddy. It is so cute! They even call each other buddy. We had a few people over on Monday for a BBQ. Dylan didn't care if other Friends were coming over. He only wanted to know if Adam was going to be there. We are so lucky to have such great neighbors.
This was at the pool on top of our hotel. Jackson loves the water, but he probably loves exploring more. When we can't get base lodging (even Brooks was full), we like to stay at the Drury Inns. They have complimentary snacks and drinks at night, and a full hot breakfast bar in the morning. I stayed at one in Austin that had a potato bar and hot wings for their snack. This hotel was in a renovated bank. Dylan liked the big safe they had on display in the basement. They even expanded the river so that this hotel would be on the river market. It was very convenient.

I always see great pictures taken on the River walk. Obviously I don't have the gift for it. The bottom picture wasn't my fault. I thought the flowers would bring a lot of color to the picture. Unfortunately our camera started acting funny and wouldn't let the nice girl taking the picture for us focus it. Luckily our phones have cameras on them so I was able to take the pictures of Dylan and his "bull". On the home front, Dylan is having a ball at school. I love it when he comes home singing a song that he learned in school. Today he says to me "Mom I can spell red" then sings the song that taught him how to spell red. Next week is yellow, they might have a harder time with that one. Jason is still trying to get admission...blah blah done. He hates that he missed one class (for a dentist appt. that they scheduled for him) and now he has to wait a week and a half to start flying. Everyone else is on alert for the hurricanes. Jackson is still doing his thing. He likes to wave "hi" and "bye" Last night I just said his name they way I do when I ask him to do "touchdown" and he immediately raised his arms, clapped his hands and snuggled me. We usually say Touchdown and then clap our hands and say Yeah! then say "love the baby". He is going to be as smart as his brother. I was watching the Convention tonight. I was really a secret democrat until the uber liberal Obama came on the scene. I didn't think i was going to vote at all. After tonight, I really think McCain can do it. He has been fighting for years to shake things up. I just thought I would give my two cents worth. We have been listening to what the Trash news are saying. They are just hateful. Lieberman really pissed them off. Ok I am done now. Take care, come back again!

3 comments:

Hipple Family said...

sorry we missed you guys. come again and let me know when you do!
Great looking family!

Family said...

I love Sea World I am glad you had a fun stay vaction. SA is one of our familys favorite places. Have you traveled through the Hill Country around SA. If so let me know what you think? We are heading up in a couple of weeks. For another stay vaction ourselfs.

OH I love the riding bull. How cute.

Marie said...

Very cute pics of the kids!! Looks like you guys had a really good time in SA. I need a stay-cation...really bad!!