I was going to try to capture that time and write a beautiful post as a tribute to it. My friend Kim beat me to the punch. Please check out her blog and read it http://fooskebabs.blogspot.com . I was pretty proud of my pictures, too bad the ones from the stage didn't turn out better. I was coming off a pretty spiritual high starting the week. The only thing that was bringing me down was the pain and tightness that I have had in the back of my knee. In the past it has only hurt when I work out excessively, and then it goes away in a couple of days. I am a little confused because I haven't worked out in months and it has lasted for over two weeks. I finally went to the doctor today. He said that I might have another Baker cyst or scar tissue that is inflamed. Either thing was not what I wanted to hear. This brings back AWFUL memories. I had Baker cyst in that same spot over 4 years ago. It appeared after I had a bad sprain in my hamstring. I lived with it for a year until I finally convinced the surgeon that I couldn't work out with it in me. The thing that makes it a bad memory, is that the exact hour that I went in for my surgery my mom passed away from her long battle with ALS. Yeah, like I said BAD memory. So the doctor said we needed to get a MRI and we will go from there. I don't know what Tricare is going to think. I'm not sure many people have had more then two MRI's a year for different ailments. I figured it would take forever to get in, but they called me today and asked if Saturday would work. The doctor said not to let 4 days go by without hearing from them. Hopefully I know more next week. On a lighter note the kids are doing great. Jackson said something like Momma today, but he wasn't directing it toward me. He really likes to drag and push things. Especially strollers. I got the cutest video of him holding my curling iron and dragging the cord as he walked backwards. He likes to hit though. I don't know what to to about that one. He did really good at my friend Laura's house on Tuesday. I feel much better about leaving him with her. It is also a great play date for her 20 month old. When we were at Dylan's swimming lessons(oh yeah! I almost forgot, Dylan is at a level 2 now. He can swim by himself) I took Jackson on the scale and he weighed 21.3. Wahoo! he's over 20, out of the 5%. Jason has his last flight tomorrow to make him mission ready. I pray that it goes well for him. He really needs this. Hopefully I can put the pain behind me (behind; bad choice of words) and enjoy Halloween. I will try to post the pictures of us carving pumpkins, well us meaning me. Dylan didn't want to touch the gooey insides and I wouldn't let him near the knife. Jason said he had to do them all last year so he just took the pictures. It was still fun. Dylan wanted to go as Bumblebee the Transformer so I thought it would be cute to have Jax as a little bumble bee. For the Trunk or treat at the squadron I went as the bee keeper. I used my old beach hat and borrowed netting from my friend and neighbor Jen. She tore it off an old Halloween skirt. Everyone loved it. I really hope to have some better news next time I post, even if it is just the joys of trick or treating. Take care. If I don't get back sooner. Please vote for McCain. Can we give over our country to someone we know nothing about?
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Just when I thought things were looking up!
Oh that sounds way too depressing. It isn't really that bad. I had a GREAT weekend with four of my friends from my church. We went to a Time out for Women in San Antonio. For those of you who are not familiar with it, it is a day filled with messages of inspiration from church authors and music artists. We laughed and cried, while our spirits were lifted.
I was going to try to capture that time and write a beautiful post as a tribute to it. My friend Kim beat me to the punch. Please check out her blog and read it http://fooskebabs.blogspot.com . I was pretty proud of my pictures, too bad the ones from the stage didn't turn out better. I was coming off a pretty spiritual high starting the week. The only thing that was bringing me down was the pain and tightness that I have had in the back of my knee. In the past it has only hurt when I work out excessively, and then it goes away in a couple of days. I am a little confused because I haven't worked out in months and it has lasted for over two weeks. I finally went to the doctor today. He said that I might have another Baker cyst or scar tissue that is inflamed. Either thing was not what I wanted to hear. This brings back AWFUL memories. I had Baker cyst in that same spot over 4 years ago. It appeared after I had a bad sprain in my hamstring. I lived with it for a year until I finally convinced the surgeon that I couldn't work out with it in me. The thing that makes it a bad memory, is that the exact hour that I went in for my surgery my mom passed away from her long battle with ALS. Yeah, like I said BAD memory. So the doctor said we needed to get a MRI and we will go from there. I don't know what Tricare is going to think. I'm not sure many people have had more then two MRI's a year for different ailments. I figured it would take forever to get in, but they called me today and asked if Saturday would work. The doctor said not to let 4 days go by without hearing from them. Hopefully I know more next week. On a lighter note the kids are doing great. Jackson said something like Momma today, but he wasn't directing it toward me. He really likes to drag and push things. Especially strollers. I got the cutest video of him holding my curling iron and dragging the cord as he walked backwards. He likes to hit though. I don't know what to to about that one. He did really good at my friend Laura's house on Tuesday. I feel much better about leaving him with her. It is also a great play date for her 20 month old. When we were at Dylan's swimming lessons(oh yeah! I almost forgot, Dylan is at a level 2 now. He can swim by himself) I took Jackson on the scale and he weighed 21.3. Wahoo! he's over 20, out of the 5%. Jason has his last flight tomorrow to make him mission ready. I pray that it goes well for him. He really needs this. Hopefully I can put the pain behind me (behind; bad choice of words) and enjoy Halloween. I will try to post the pictures of us carving pumpkins, well us meaning me. Dylan didn't want to touch the gooey insides and I wouldn't let him near the knife. Jason said he had to do them all last year so he just took the pictures. It was still fun. Dylan wanted to go as Bumblebee the Transformer so I thought it would be cute to have Jax as a little bumble bee. For the Trunk or treat at the squadron I went as the bee keeper. I used my old beach hat and borrowed netting from my friend and neighbor Jen. She tore it off an old Halloween skirt. Everyone loved it. I really hope to have some better news next time I post, even if it is just the joys of trick or treating. Take care. If I don't get back sooner. Please vote for McCain. Can we give over our country to someone we know nothing about?
I was going to try to capture that time and write a beautiful post as a tribute to it. My friend Kim beat me to the punch. Please check out her blog and read it http://fooskebabs.blogspot.com . I was pretty proud of my pictures, too bad the ones from the stage didn't turn out better. I was coming off a pretty spiritual high starting the week. The only thing that was bringing me down was the pain and tightness that I have had in the back of my knee. In the past it has only hurt when I work out excessively, and then it goes away in a couple of days. I am a little confused because I haven't worked out in months and it has lasted for over two weeks. I finally went to the doctor today. He said that I might have another Baker cyst or scar tissue that is inflamed. Either thing was not what I wanted to hear. This brings back AWFUL memories. I had Baker cyst in that same spot over 4 years ago. It appeared after I had a bad sprain in my hamstring. I lived with it for a year until I finally convinced the surgeon that I couldn't work out with it in me. The thing that makes it a bad memory, is that the exact hour that I went in for my surgery my mom passed away from her long battle with ALS. Yeah, like I said BAD memory. So the doctor said we needed to get a MRI and we will go from there. I don't know what Tricare is going to think. I'm not sure many people have had more then two MRI's a year for different ailments. I figured it would take forever to get in, but they called me today and asked if Saturday would work. The doctor said not to let 4 days go by without hearing from them. Hopefully I know more next week. On a lighter note the kids are doing great. Jackson said something like Momma today, but he wasn't directing it toward me. He really likes to drag and push things. Especially strollers. I got the cutest video of him holding my curling iron and dragging the cord as he walked backwards. He likes to hit though. I don't know what to to about that one. He did really good at my friend Laura's house on Tuesday. I feel much better about leaving him with her. It is also a great play date for her 20 month old. When we were at Dylan's swimming lessons(oh yeah! I almost forgot, Dylan is at a level 2 now. He can swim by himself) I took Jackson on the scale and he weighed 21.3. Wahoo! he's over 20, out of the 5%. Jason has his last flight tomorrow to make him mission ready. I pray that it goes well for him. He really needs this. Hopefully I can put the pain behind me (behind; bad choice of words) and enjoy Halloween. I will try to post the pictures of us carving pumpkins, well us meaning me. Dylan didn't want to touch the gooey insides and I wouldn't let him near the knife. Jason said he had to do them all last year so he just took the pictures. It was still fun. Dylan wanted to go as Bumblebee the Transformer so I thought it would be cute to have Jax as a little bumble bee. For the Trunk or treat at the squadron I went as the bee keeper. I used my old beach hat and borrowed netting from my friend and neighbor Jen. She tore it off an old Halloween skirt. Everyone loved it. I really hope to have some better news next time I post, even if it is just the joys of trick or treating. Take care. If I don't get back sooner. Please vote for McCain. Can we give over our country to someone we know nothing about?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment