
Dell (Jason's cousin) and his wife Sheradee had to say good bye to their 11 day old baby girl. Kaydince was born on Tuesday Sept 2nd. She was brought home from the hospital and seemed to be doing fine. On Sunday she stopped eating and having trouble breathing. They took her to the hospital and found out she had a serious infection. As they were deciding what she had, she coded. They then life flighted her to Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake. After she had a series of tests including a spinal tap, they concluded that she had a meningitis. The doctors gave her a 50% chance of living, and if she did make it, she would have serious mental problems. She held out for a couple of days but the bleeding in her brain was killing it. If she lived threw that, she would stay in a vegetative state. They took out the tubes in her brain, and she passed away a few hours later. She was buried on Tuesday in their hometown. Not that far away from Jason's nephew who was still born. The pain of suffering another lost baby is more then any family should endure. Please pray for them and keep this in your thoughts. I am sure many of us take our children's health for granted. I know I do. Give your loved ones an extra hug tonight.
3 comments:
I am so sorry to hear that! That is horrible. :( Why should someone have to go through it? Twice!!? ? I hope for the best for you guys and the family. Take care. And thanks, I will give my kids extra hugs and be more grateful for their good health.
That is terrible. They will be in our thoughts and prayers. I hope the family is doing well.
I can't even imagine. They will be in my prayers. I hope that something good can come out of it - perhaps it will help them to draw closer. What an awful thing to go through, and twice would be so difficult!
Post a Comment