Monday, June 23, 2008

"Jason, I think this was the best time we have had at an amusment park, and I only went on two rides."

That is what I said to Jason as we left the park on Saturday, at 6 pm. Maybe it was that D was old enough to go on the kiddie rides and we had such a short drive there. Don't get me wrong there were way too many people, long lines, and muggy heat. Since Jason and I printed out the names of all the rides that D was tall enough to go on we made it a priority to go on them. The magic number is 42". Since he was 41 1/2 with his crocs, we put him in sneakers and a hat. We measured him again and he came right a 42. I was hoping that they would do it like Sea World does and just give you a wrist band if you are tall enough. The first ride that he went on the attendant came out with his ruler. I told him that he slouches when he gets measured so I needed to hold his head up. I grabbed under his neck and pulled him up. He got in. This worked on the rest of the rides, except the last one that Jason was going on with him. He said he tried, but it was an adult ride and I am sure they are aware of all the tricks.
Notice how he is so much shorter then everyone else. Really was 1/2inch going to make that much difference. There was a log flume ride. They have two, but there was only one open, so there was a l....o...n...g line. Jason thinks we were in there for 50 minutes. I was a little annoyed at the time, but D and I spent some good quality time together. We didn't have anything to distract us, we sang songs, I tickled him and told him stories. Jason too spent quality time with J. I was a little worried leaving him alone with him, but he did well, he was even asleep when we finished with our 3 minute ride.
They had all these great trees around that provided a lot of shade. J and I would find some while D rode on his rides.


The water park was a lot of fun, again too many people, no chairs but we made do. D and J both enjoyed the kiddie pool. D kept going down the slide over and over again. We finally got sick of that, we all went over to lazy river. We got one of the figure 8 floats and all Sat on it. There was a waterfall that we didn't see coming. Had we not all been on the float, we could have diverted ourselves. nope, of course we got right under it. J and I even got the worst of it. He didn't even cry. He is a water baby.

After we let D experience the artificial waves, we finally made our way out of the park. Since we had only eaten pumpkin seeds and licorice since breakfast, I talked Jason into taking us to a favorite restaurant of mine. I convinced him since there isn't one in Little Rock. We made it home at 8:30. Everyone had a great time. Definitely funner then our Memphis trip. J was trying to take a few steps today. He still has a ways to go, but this is one milestone he will beat D on. I'm the mom, I am allowed to compare. We are supposed to close on our house this Thursday, I will let you know what happens.

No comments: