Sunday, July 6, 2008

Web MD should have a warning label, D is too comfortable with fireworks, ohh! and we closed on our house!

I can't believe it has only been two weeks. It seems like it has been an eternity. I knew that it would go slow. That is how it always is when you are waiting for something. Of course we had drama with our closing. We should have known, it was going too smoothly. I told Jason that we needed to call the realtor, he said they would call us when they had the "packet". I finally convinced him, she said that she still needed things from the mortgage company. Then he called the mortgage company, they said that they were just sending the last of it off to the title company. Jason just casually mentioned that we haven't received anything from the title company. She said that since we were closing by mail that was not normal (Of course!) She said she would call the title company and find out what was going on. After waiting all day to hear from the her, we finally got our news (too late in the day to do anything about it). She said that since they had forgotten to send us our "packet" in the mail, we had to find a notary that they could email it to, have us sign it all in front of them and then email it back to them and send a hard copy to them by Fed Ex. We called banks, and they said to try a local title company. We hit the yellow pages, we started with American first title, luckily she was able to squeeze us in. She was such a blessing to us. She helped us out and explained everything we were signing. Then she photocopied it for us, sent it back to them in an email, and then called them and got an account number so that we could bill the fed ex cost to them. I don't know what we would have done without her. She was doing this all for free. It is so nice that there are still good people in this world that will do something not expecting anything in return. I really felt rundown and I don't know how much more stress I could have handled. This was Friday the day we were set to close on our house. Since Wed., come night time I was feeling really tired. I could barely do anything, luckily the kids weren't being difficult and it was easy to get them to bed. I was also losing a lot of weight, I first thought it was just cause I had been working out, but I had absoulutely no appetite. On Friday night I was getting ready for bed and I looked down at my legs, I had this strange red rash all over my body. Of course I freaked out. Ever since my mom got sick I think any unexplained thing is going to kill me. I went to bed, but my calf muscles hurt so bad it took forever to go to sleep. Here is a picture of my rash.
The next morning I showed my rash to Jason, he said we should look it up on Web MD. Bad Idea! Don't do this. I told him all my syptomns; no appetite, sudden weight loss, joint and muscle aches, severe fatique and strange rash. He types this in and Addison's disease pops up. I was freaking out. I knew that was what I had and it was going to kill me, (yeah I know I have problems!) I spent the rest of the weekend thinking I would never be normal again. Luckily I had the energy to attend Matt and Lauren's fireworks party. Everyone brought fireworks. We did a rough estimate and figured their was $400 worth of fireworks there. We went from 4-10pm straight. D had a blast.






As you can see it was pretty fun. I wish D wasn't so comfortable around them. I almost want him to get burned a little so he can realize how dangerous they are. Is that sick? Sorry, I know it cured me. Having this really helped distract me. My calves still hurt, but I was able to relax outside and watch the fireworks. On monday I got an appointment with a doctor on base. I didn't want to admit to him what I thought it was, I just told him that I wanted to test my blood to see if I had a problem with my thyroid. He then told me that he would still test my blood, but he thought I had Fifth Disease. I was so relieved after the crap I went threw with my arm, it was nice to get a diagnosis. From then on I started feeling better. I wasn't sure how I got a childs disease when none of my kids got it, but I guess it was just reversered cause D got it this week. Since Jason had 5 days off we were going to make the most of it. We didn't plan to do anything this weekend cause we thought we would be busy packing. Since he has been pushed back we are going to take care of it next weekend. On Thrusday we farted around all morning and then decided to go to Wild River Country(a water park). If I had known that it was $30 each, I would have gotten us out earlier. It actually worked to our advantage. The morning had been really nice, so we thought it was going to be a nice day. We got there at 3:30, an hour later it started getting cloudy. We had made it to the lazy river and D and Jason rode the slides that you ride without a tube. (I couldn't believe D wasn't scared of it. I was scared for him). It started raining and they shut down the park. Since we hadn't been there too long, we wanted to wait it out. Plus if they have to close it for more then an hour you get a rain check ticket. 1/2 hour later they reopened it. Since it was the end of the day 3/4 of the people left. We headed over to the tube rides and we all took turns watching the baby and taking D on the rides. He wasn't scared at all. They didn't have any height restrictions, so he could go on any ride he wanted. I wished I had my camara. He looked so funny trying to hold onto the handles. We never had to wait in line. We went right up and got on. D would not stop he just kept going and going. The next day was the 4th. It was bad weather all day. Luckily it cleared up in time to do the activites that they were having at the base lake. D did his first potato sack race.


Since we live three houses from where they were lighting off the fireworks, I took the stroller and a chair and walked down to watch them (Jason wasn't feeling good). I think it was the closest I have ever been to them. They were loud and bright. They had some that popped in the air and burned my eyes. J was cuddling with me, the next thing I knew he was asleep. I couldn't believe he could sleep threw it. The next morning we continued our weekend adventure and headed down to Hot Springs again. It was cloudy, but it actually worked out fine. We were able to walk the streets and visit the old bath houses without getting heat stroke. Here are a few pictures of the kids. I wanted to get some good pictures of all of us, but then it started raining on us.



We still haven't decided what we are going to do tomorrow, but we are sure it will keep on the weekends reign of fun and excitment. I forgot to post some of J's pictures of standing, walking and eating a pancake. He is doing the cutest things. When we went out to eat on Sat night. He was literally eating everything I was. It is strange to be able to give him so many things that have milk in them. I keep checking his cheeks to see if he is breaking out. When we tried to give him something and he didn't want it he would shake his head. He keeps chasing after D and gets excited and yelps when he starts chasing him. It is so nice to see them playing together. Well Jason just asked me if I was writing a novel so I better wrap it up. Thanks to all of those who stuck with me. I will let you know the departute date.



No comments: