Wednesday, June 18, 2008

J is in the clear!

Wahhoo!!!! I am not cursed. I just figured that since D was highly allergic to milk, eggs, and peanuts, that J would hold the same fate. I talk to the base ped. and she didn't have the answers to my questions about it. She gave me a referral to see the closest allergist. When I called them they said that I couldn't get in till July 10. I asked her if there was anything else I could do. She told me I could go to the I-30 Little Rock location. Since LR isn't that big, especially staying on the I-30, I thought it would be ok. Well I don't how they called it LR it was over 40 minutes away. It was well worth the drive.
I still wasn't sure if he was going to do testing on him. When we arrived we were the only ones waiting. Sometimes that isn't the best sign. All my worries were erased when I met the allergist. He was Eastern Indianan, but I could understand him very well. I was very impressed with him. I told him how his brother had those food allergies and he said we could easily test him. They had a little tool that pricked his skin all at the same time. It was great. I wished they had that for D. I remember holding him on my lap while he screamed every time they pricked him. Since J is such a squirmy baby it was not that easy holding him for 15 minutes, without touching his back. I thought it was a good thing when I looked at it and it certainly didn't look like D's had. The look on the Dr.s face said it all. He came in with a huge smile on his face saying it looked real good. All clear! Not even peanuts Wahoo!!!! Can I say that again? Wahoo! As soon as D grows out of his milk allergy, I can start cooking for real. I felt a little neurotic when he said that only 10% of siblings have the same allergies. Stupid me for not using the Internet for good! Oh well at least now I know. I can't wait to give him mac and cheese, goldfish crackers and real cheese. Good thing D will be in school next year. He was very supportive. He was so excited for him! He has such a big heart, I just wished he would stop pushing him around. We are still trying to go to Hot springs. I will let you all know.

No comments: