Thursday, November 6, 2008

What a week !!!!

I would love to be able to write a post and only have great things to say. To keep up with my "want to be" cheery disposition, I am going to put a positive spin on all the bad.
Halloween was great! We started out the day going to the 39 AS Lunch Bunch. I dressed Jax in Dylan's little "Red Baron" outfit. We went to Carinos. It was surprisingly good. We were sitting next to a 3 and 2 year old boys. It was very nice for the mom not to blame me when Jax kept hitting and distracting them. He also entertained the whole restaurant while he ran around. .Since Dylan was going as Bumblebee the Transformer, I thought it would be cute to dress Jax as a little bumblebee. It seemed only natural for me to be the Beekeeper.

They had a great time at the Trunk or Treat we had at the church. It was so nice that Jason was able to take them around the neighborhood. Katie even took Jax in the stroller. My neighbor was nice enough to come over and sit on my porch to hand out candy. I was taught a great lesson when I handed a mother the candy bowl and she grabbed a whole fist of candy. I was proud of myself when I tapped her hand and said that is too many. Jen and I were able to laugh about it for the rest of the night.

Dylan had a great time at his last soccer game for the season. He didn't even notice when his coach kept his friend out of most of the game so she could keep her sons in the whole time. Nor did he hear his Friends father scream that they were leaving and about ripped his son out of the sideline. Good times good times. They had their soccer party at the Y that afternoon. Dylan had a great time swimming with his friends. He was a great sport when we left his change of clothes at home and he had to sit and eat his food wearing his wet bathing suit while Jason went home to get it.

I was able to move my MRI to 7:30 that night. It was nice to get some time to read my book while I was waiting (1 1/2). I was surprised when they said that I only had to be in the bed for 15 minutes. They even sprang a X-Ray on me. Monday was going without incident until Jax threw up in the entrance way to the fitness center while I was showering Dylan after his swimming lesson. Luckily he only got it on part of Jason's flight suit. Since the kids don't get sick that much Jason and I thought it would be fine to take them to Chuckie cheese for a school fundraiser. It save us a lot of trouble when Jax threw up in the car seat on the way there, and not on one the machines. I have been meaning to take the whole car seat apart and wash it anyway. We lucked out again when the last time Jax threw up it was in between my oriental rugs. It was nice that I didn't have to take care of him all night. I am not even going to talk about what made Tuesday bad. I think you can all figure that out. At least we were all healthy and thought it was just something Jax ate. I don't know if there is anyway to spin Wednesday. It was pretty bad! I have never felt so sick in my WHOLE life. Not only was I suffering from major "women problems", I had Jax's stomach flu. Jason was able to take care of Jax during the day, but he left at 3 to go to a night flight. It was miserable, I couldn't keep anything down, including the Ibuprofen to help my cramps. Around midnight my head and stomach finally stopped hurting. I kept praying that Jason and Dylan wouldn't get this. Dylan seemed fine the next morning so I took him to school. At 9:30 they called me and said that Dylan has thrown up. All I can say is thank goodness this virus has caught us on all different days. There is no way I could have scrub the couches, change the linens on all our beds (twice), and be at each their sides the whole time. Jason has a flight tomorrow so I am praying that he doesn't get it then. If he has it as bad as I did, he is going to be crying like a baby in front of his flight crew. At 8 Dylan asked me to put him in bed. He hasn't come out yet, so hopefully he is better. I have been stuck in my house all week, I was looking forward to getting away from all this sickness and going to my friend Kim's Baby shower on Friday night. My friend Natalie called me and asked me if I was going to the shower tonight. I told her no it is tomorrow night. I felt like an idiot when I actually read the invitation and saw it was tonight. Oh well I feel like I am incubator of this virus anyway. So how did I do? I tried to be a little more upbeat. I think the only good thing about sick kids is that they want to cuddle with you more. Take care.

6 comments:

Katie said...

oh man, what a week. i hope that things go better and that jason doesn't end up with the flu, or that anyone else has a repeat.

Bryner Family said...

Oh Heather, I'm sorry! I wondered where you've been. I found Jackson's pacifier from when he was over here and I brought it to the shower to return it but you obviously couldn't make it. Let me know if you need anything. I can make a run to the store for necessary items. :)

Candice and Nathan said...

That is so exciting to see your little guy playing soccer, you're officially a soccer mom! Do you have the bumper sticker yet? Haha... Looks like you guys enjoyed halloween, I love the bee outfit, I think we have the same one that the kids wore when they were that age.

Family said...

You have had a busy week. I guess you have to take the good with the bad (not always fun.) I think something is going around we have had the same thing going on down here. Darren and I are the ones who have had the privilege of being sick..YUCK

STEPHANIE said...

Sorry you've been sick! Cute Halloween costumes!

Mary said...

Cute pics. I love the bee keeper costume...very creative.