

Only a few of you will see that heading. When Jason reads this he will make me erase his age. I shouldn't really gloat, This will be the last year that I will admit my age. From now on Heather Yardley will be forever 30. Even when she has children graduating from High school, college, going an a mission, getting married. They can proudly introduce their older sister who is 30 years old. Jason's cousin is also getting married tomorrow. So Jason's birthday will be his anniversary, and ours is my mom's birthday. Do you like how we arrange things. The wedding (that we sadly couldn't attend) has me feeling very nostalgic. In some ways I feel like ours was just yesterday, and other ways I feel like we have gone through more in 6 years of marriage that many do in a lifetime. Maybe it is cause I got messages from two of my old college friends, but I am remembering how wonderful it was when Jason and I first met. I was so nervous cause I knew that he was going to be someone special in my life. Good thing we waited a while till we got married. I couldn't imagine having an 10 year old right now. Everyone writes that they love their husband and they are the best father in the whole world blah blah... I can say all that, but I can also say that Jason and I grow stronger in love everyday. When I stop complaining about the little things I realize how lucky I am to have a such a wonderful man by my side. Some of the things that used to bug me about Jason are what makes him more enduring to me today. I always used to tease him how he was such a perfectionist and he took so long to do anything. Now he uses that to make our home and yard a safe and beautiful place to live. It used to drive me crazy how much of a mommy's boy he was, but it is what makes him the caring and understanding man that he is today. I could go on forever, but I think it would make Jason happy if he woke up to a very clean house on his birthday. If you could all do something for me, give Jason a call tomorrow and wish him Happy Birthday. He feels like he is going to be Molly Ringwald in Sixteen candles and everyone will forget his birthday. Happy Birthday Jason we love you!!!!!! Even if you are an old man. The next day....I woke up at 6 with Jason to let him read the post. I was saying Happy Birthday to Jason when Dylan said Where are all your presents, Jason told him to go look in the mirror. Dylan ran in there trying to get a good look in the mirror. Jason explained to him that we were his present. He stood up straight and got this big smile on his face. We couldn't have done that with a 10 year old.
4 comments:
Happy Birthday ya old fart!
Thirty two!!!! As my oldest would say "THATS OLD, people CAN'T live THAT long." Thanks for making me feel young Dallen.
Hope all is well and Happy Birthday!
Hey Heather--looks like your hubby and mine have the same birthday. And 36 is way worse than 32!! :) Hope he had a great day!
happy birthday jason. love the ots pics. can you believe that it has almost been 3 years since that picture was taken? oh how time flies by.
You're so funny Heather!! Hope it was a great birthday Jason!!! From the pics it sure looks like it was. What I wouldn't give for a "grown-up" outing....it's been since January for us!!
Post a Comment