Well not really, but it was at least 7. It would have probably been more, but there were three of them that kept running the ball together trying to be the one who "scored the goal". Of course they would not be paying attention and kick it just outside of the goal. I didn't hear this, but one of the parents told me that Dylan said "Anthony, hurry pass it to me". If this tells you anything about how the game was going, Dylan was about to kick a goal when HIS coach kicked the ball away from him and gave it to the other team. It was funny, but he stopped doing things like that when some of OUR parents started complaining. I really didn't see anything wrong with it. The whole point of these games is for the kids to have fun. It had to have been demoralizing for these kids to be getting stomped on. I wasn't able to get a picture of him scoring any goals. I would take a picture of him running down the field with the ball and by the time my camera was able to take another picture it would be too late. Of all the days for my video camera not to work. UGH!!! One of the dads was recording it and he said he would make me a copy.
The best part was right after he scored a goal, he would look down to Jason and me with this big grin on his face. Now he think if he eats a bowl of oatmeal and an "wheat" english muffin with sun butter on it he is going to score "so so so" many goals.
This picture shows you how they were fighting over the ball. I guess if the other team was no competition for them, they were going to have be their own. It was hilarious.
3 comments:
everything for ten bucks! Nice! your boys have grown so much. I can't believe Jax is one and Dylan is playing soccer. The dance you guys went to - you two look awesome! :) Must have been fun!
Wow! Where did you go for your "grown up" night out? Looks nice...
Yeah, where is that restaurant? I want to check it out. :) I'm glad Dylan is loving soccer. Jill's first game last year was like that. The other team never let our girls even SEE the ball. They were all pretty teary by the end. They finally got the point and started fighting for the ball after a couple of games. :)
Post a Comment