Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thanksgiving in Dallas and pics of christmas lights

Wow only 14 days away, I feel like I am barely getting over my triptophan daze. Thanksgiving was Delicious!!!! I haven't eaten that good in.... well, probably since last Thanksgiving. We had a great visit with my sister and her family. The kids had a blast. Dylan was following my oldest nephew all over the place.

Dylan was suffering from his "Roid rage", so he would get very upset at the slightest problem. It was funny at times, but still hard to deal with. He started crying when we were about to serve the meal. His cousin wanted to have ham and turkey, but Dylan wanted him to have what he was having, and he DIDN'T want the ham.
I felt like I was dealing with a teenage girl. The next day we picked up decorations for the house, and a few presents. We thought it would take a day to put everything up, nope 3. It took all of Saturday to put the lights outside up. I had already made my wreath for my Mantel 2 weeks before, so I just had the kitchen to do. I was going to post some pictures, but haven't taken them yet. I have been trying to get in the mood to do our Christmas cards. I finally realized if we took the picture it could give me a theme to work with. Friday morning I got ready before Jackson was awake. I told Jason that since we had to dress up anyways for the party we might as well take our Christmas picture. Jackson was taking a late nap, so I knew everything would work out. Then Dylan gets off the bus complaining of a stomach ache. I thought that he just ate something bad. After he puked, I knew the curse of the pictures was happening again. He felt fine after that so I put him in his suit. We were about to take the picture when he said his stomach was hurting again. I asked him if we could just hurry and take the picture. He was standing by my side on a stool, I had to hold him up and try to get him to smile. We finally settled on him leaning into me with a little smile. He laid down for a minute and then ran to the bathroom again. I thought I would be up with him all night, but he wanted to go to bed at 7pm and we didn't hear from him till morning. I ordered the card from Walmart this morning. I was debating whether or not to send a letter, but then I had the idea to put my blog name on the card and just write a letter on my blog. That way those who didn't get a card would still see it. Brilliant huh! If you would like me to send one to you, make sure I have your address. If you want mine I can send you an email. Well I better go. We are taking some Thrift store rejects to the homeless center and I have to try to put a dent in the laundry. I will try to post again before I do my Christmas letter. This is a CRAZY week though. Till then. This was what Jason and Dylan were doing while I was taking these pictures...


I need to pull down the lights that blew on top of the roof on the garage...

3 comments:

STEPHANIE said...

Your mantle turned out really cute!

Liz Ann said...

I love y'alls house. It is so gorgeous. I can't believe you made that wreath. It looks so good. Hope y'all have a good holiday

Family said...

your house looks great!! I love your inside wreath as well. Wow!!! Happy Holidays.