
Hello friends and family, Welcome to our blog. I am glad that you were able to understand my mess of a card and find us here. I was in a rush trying to order them. They even remind you to check it all over and make sure everything looks good. For those of you who know me pretty well, you are probably not surprised. Then I noticed that the picture is lopsided in the frame. I feel like I have given you all a little game. "Lets find all the mistakes in the card", fun for the whole family! I just have to keep telling myself that it is the thought that counts. I went to a Time Out for Women conference in SA this fall. Jason Wright talked about how important it is to send out letters. I believe in that, but I also believe that a blog is a Christmas letter that never ends. You can check up on us all year long. It really is the gift that keeps on giving. I will try to give a little summary for this last year, but if you want to get more info, you can look at my older posts and get it all. Watch out though I tend to carry on a bit.
Jason joined the Air Force in 2006, since then we have lived in Del Rio, Corpus Christi, Little Rock and Abilene. It is so nice to finally be settled, well at least the AF's idea of being settled. 3-4 years in the same house seems like an eternity to us. We bought our first home in July. As you can tell, we really like Texas. After Jason finished his training in Little Rock, he was ready for his first assignment at Dyess AFB. He flys the C-130 Hercules and loves it. He didn't deploy with the squadron this time, but will probably go in June. His only complaint about his job is he either flies too much or not enough. There doesn't seem to be a happy medium.
We love our new home and it is in the best neighborhood. Dylan has boys his age that live on each side of us. They have become "Best Buddies". He is going to a 5 day a week preschool 8-2:30. He has learned so much. He comes home everyday telling me what they did. His teacher is impressed with how well mannered he is. Dylan played soccer on the YMCA league. He was awesome! He would tell us before each came how many goals he was going to score. He is going to try Basketball this winter.
A top of my full time job as a stay at home mom, I have volunteered at the thrift shop on base. It is a great way to meet new people. I have also been very involved with Jason's squadron spouses. They have get togethers all the time. The only problem is that I don't know if Jason will be able to stay with the boys until the day before. Luckily I have a girl down the street that is always willing to watch them. I wanted to do more to help, so I offered to help with the squadron playgroup. That same week, I was asked by one of the mothers in my church if I would take over their playgroup. I really enjoy it. I use what I learn from one to help the other.
I saw something on the Internet about "This vacation will change your life". It made me think, I don't want to change my life. I wouldn't mind more money or sleep, but we wouldn't change a thing. It will be hard when Jason deploys, but I have the greatest friends that will help us through it. I want to wish all of you the happiest of holidays. Please relish in the time that you can spend with your families. I hope you have all enjoyed my blog. Please check back again. I usually post once a week. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
6 comments:
Thats a great letter! Cute pictures! Love your new family picture with you all dressed up!
I got your card in the mail today! Thanks! I too agree that a blog is a Christmas Letter that just keeps on giving! Now only if I could get my mom and mom-in-law to keep checking it!
I love your family picture. I think it turned out great, with your pretty mantle in the background.
You are doing a great job with both of the playgroups, by the way. Thanks for doing all of the work--many others benefit because of it.
The knife picture is hilarious...but SCARY!! I knew he was a climber, I just didn't know how bad!!
What the..?!
Knives?!
Jackson! You sneaky squirt ;)
Heather, your blog really is a gift that keeps on giving. I love it. Thanks so much for sharing your talents, trials, and testimony with all of us!
Just wanted to say hi, your house looks beautiful, I've always wanted a brick house. That's so scary about the knives. Rowan did the same thing recently, and now we keep the knives above the fridge. Happy New Year!!
Post a Comment