I know I said I would post pics of "Our" birthdays, but I might just do Dylan's for now. I am so far behind on posting pictures, I am going to have do to a Little bit at a time. It might be a little confusing.. maybe I will make up a time line for you and you can look back here to see where we are at. I am trying to think back to the last time I posted...February. Jason was in Puerto Rico for "work" Huh! Then there was Easter, Our trip to Colorado, Utah, and Arizona, Jason deploying, Trip to Michigan, My Birthday, and now Dylan's Birthday. I might add in a few pics of the 50 playgroups and 15 squadron and church activities I have had in the last 6 months! So where should we begin I don't have much time, I believe I am still teaching my class that I was released from, I told them I would do it until they found a replacement. I was called as the RS enrichment leader. I am to do what I can to get activities and enrichment's organized and carried through! I thought it would be a piece of cake until I had my meeting with the RS counselor. She then told me what it all entailed. (SN) I am looking for any ideas for a good RS Activity. Please let me know ASAP! This summer has brought many trials and hardships, but I think I am doing a great job so far in keeping my crap together. I honestly thought I was going to fall apart when Jason left. I have done a great (almost too great) job keeping the boys and I busy. Where I have succeeded in keeping Dylan entertained, I have failed in making him keep up with his reading. He is in that real critical stage where you need to do it often so it can come natural. I am scared where he is a genius (Oh yeah we had to have his IQ tested to get him into a "smart" camp this summer, yeah it was 147) he has inherited my lazy jeans especially with anything school! I have tried to drill it in to him how much fun reading is, but I am now bribing-disciplining him that he can not do anything other then play outside with a ball until he reads. Some days I give in, he fights me to no end about it! We have had some really good times. I wish we could have gone to Sea World like I wanted to, but there really as never been time (or money). When Jason gets back we are going to go on a mini vacation sans kiddos. I didn't think I was busy enough so I added a few more things. I don't know if I put this in before, but I am now co-managing the Thrift Store on base. The other girl does the books and I keep up the stores appearance and make manage the volunteers, Oh that reminds me I better send out my September calendar. I will still only work one day a week, but I will have to always be there. I am thinking about joining a gym. The Kia is paid off this month, so I told Jason that I could use a whole car payment to buy a year pass. I am also going to join the MOPS, and try to volunteer with Dylan's school more. I know I should cut back, but I am social butterfly and crave the energy I absorb being around other people! Off the top of my head, I know I will have book club, Bunko, girl's night out, DSC, squadron and church Activities, DSC and Enrichment board meetings, Thrift store, Church and Squadron Playgroups, MOPS, volunteering at Dylan's school, Dylan's Soccer practice and games and trying to work out three-four times a week. At least I don't have my house spotless until Jason comes home, by then I might have a hang of it all. BTW I still have another child, he is doing great! He will be turning 2 on Sept. 21st. He loves music and to dance. He climbs on EVERYTHING especially my counters. He talks like a parrot repeating word after word. His favorites are Juice, car, go, fishies... too many to write. He says Dylan better now, for awhile there it was Duhuh. He and his brother beat up on one another all day long. I have stopped trying to come between them. I will get busy trying to post some pics of Dylan's 5th B-day! I will try to post more often my Laptop is fixed now so it will be easier. Ta Ta for now! BTW We took him to the Prime Time Entertainment Center for his party, they had a great time. I was so grateful for my friend Mary to take pics for me. I don't know what I would have done without her!
Saturday, August 15, 2009
A birthday and a blog!
I know I said I would post pics of "Our" birthdays, but I might just do Dylan's for now. I am so far behind on posting pictures, I am going to have do to a Little bit at a time. It might be a little confusing.. maybe I will make up a time line for you and you can look back here to see where we are at. I am trying to think back to the last time I posted...February. Jason was in Puerto Rico for "work" Huh! Then there was Easter, Our trip to Colorado, Utah, and Arizona, Jason deploying, Trip to Michigan, My Birthday, and now Dylan's Birthday. I might add in a few pics of the 50 playgroups and 15 squadron and church activities I have had in the last 6 months! So where should we begin I don't have much time, I believe I am still teaching my class that I was released from, I told them I would do it until they found a replacement. I was called as the RS enrichment leader. I am to do what I can to get activities and enrichment's organized and carried through! I thought it would be a piece of cake until I had my meeting with the RS counselor. She then told me what it all entailed. (SN) I am looking for any ideas for a good RS Activity. Please let me know ASAP! This summer has brought many trials and hardships, but I think I am doing a great job so far in keeping my crap together. I honestly thought I was going to fall apart when Jason left. I have done a great (almost too great) job keeping the boys and I busy. Where I have succeeded in keeping Dylan entertained, I have failed in making him keep up with his reading. He is in that real critical stage where you need to do it often so it can come natural. I am scared where he is a genius (Oh yeah we had to have his IQ tested to get him into a "smart" camp this summer, yeah it was 147) he has inherited my lazy jeans especially with anything school! I have tried to drill it in to him how much fun reading is, but I am now bribing-disciplining him that he can not do anything other then play outside with a ball until he reads. Some days I give in, he fights me to no end about it! We have had some really good times. I wish we could have gone to Sea World like I wanted to, but there really as never been time (or money). When Jason gets back we are going to go on a mini vacation sans kiddos. I didn't think I was busy enough so I added a few more things. I don't know if I put this in before, but I am now co-managing the Thrift Store on base. The other girl does the books and I keep up the stores appearance and make manage the volunteers, Oh that reminds me I better send out my September calendar. I will still only work one day a week, but I will have to always be there. I am thinking about joining a gym. The Kia is paid off this month, so I told Jason that I could use a whole car payment to buy a year pass. I am also going to join the MOPS, and try to volunteer with Dylan's school more. I know I should cut back, but I am social butterfly and crave the energy I absorb being around other people! Off the top of my head, I know I will have book club, Bunko, girl's night out, DSC, squadron and church Activities, DSC and Enrichment board meetings, Thrift store, Church and Squadron Playgroups, MOPS, volunteering at Dylan's school, Dylan's Soccer practice and games and trying to work out three-four times a week. At least I don't have my house spotless until Jason comes home, by then I might have a hang of it all. BTW I still have another child, he is doing great! He will be turning 2 on Sept. 21st. He loves music and to dance. He climbs on EVERYTHING especially my counters. He talks like a parrot repeating word after word. His favorites are Juice, car, go, fishies... too many to write. He says Dylan better now, for awhile there it was Duhuh. He and his brother beat up on one another all day long. I have stopped trying to come between them. I will get busy trying to post some pics of Dylan's 5th B-day! I will try to post more often my Laptop is fixed now so it will be easier. Ta Ta for now! BTW We took him to the Prime Time Entertainment Center for his party, they had a great time. I was so grateful for my friend Mary to take pics for me. I don't know what I would have done without her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It looks like a fabulous party! I love Dylan's face in some of those pictures. Such good memories. What a cutie.
Woohoo! That's a doozie of a post! So glad to see that you guys are doing great - but your boys are growing up too fast!
Happy Summer!
Post a Comment